Monday 6 June 2011

Post Apocalypse

Hello
I banned myself from all blogs, including my own, over finals, but here I am in the post-apocalyptic waste that is my exam free life. Just joking, it was all fine, really enjoyed it actually. I almost felt guilty that I wasn't more stressed and scared.
Here are a couple of songs that got me through the lonely nights in the library:


I am pretty much in love with this guy, he is South London and three of my friends have bumped into him since I played them his songs, strange small world. He seems too young to be so mournful (16!). Gingers have it hard I suppose.


This is such a beautiful version of Laura Branigan's Self Control (my vote for best music video of the 80's). Sunday Girl is also a stone cold fox, so that helps. Also check 'The Earth Plates are Shifting' by The Young Empires.


The Wooden Birds seem somehow a little more adult than the usual low-fi guitar fare, and being a bona fide, genuine, grown up I can appreciate that. Music for people who like to read and drink whisky of an afternoon.


Dreamy summer daze hip hop. Can't wait for the sunshine to return and spend the day lazing in Port Meadow.
Going to do a couple of photo posts in the next couple of days, got a real fine collection going since I last posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment